Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Drum Roll, Please!!!

Hey all,
Well I told you that Ra would have his 4-month well-baby exam today, so I figured I would tell you all about it. To start off, Ra has gained 3 pounds since his last appointment (2 months ago). So he went from 13 pounds to 16 pounds (so he is in the 50th percentile for weight...which is average). Also, in the past two months he has grown 4 inches, so he is now 27 inches long (this puts him in the 80th percentile for height). In other words, he is a big (tall) baby. He sat through the whole exam like a little gentleman...just babbling away, then the nurse came in the room with his immunization shots (3 in all). Poor thing was blind-sighted by the barrage of needles and I (des) felt horrible as I held his little hands while he cried. Thank God he stopped crying as soon as I picked him up, but he was clearly in pain. I am not joking when I tell you that those needles resemble harpoons. I was sure that the nurse was going to hit a bone or something.
Overall, Ra is doing just fine. He is still sore and a bit fussy, but that is all temporary. He will probably end up running a bit of a fever for the next couple days, so the Infant Tylenol will be on hand. Other than that, we just wanted everyone to know that RaKhem is doing great. He is growing and developing right on schedule. I guess it is true what they say, "Milk does a body good!" Until next time...

Peace & Luv,
Des, Hasan & Ra

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on schedule...soon as he gets to walkin', uncle bo can start putting him to work. that's what i'm talkin bout.

11/28/2005 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home