Friday, July 28, 2006

Look Who's Walkin'...


Well, the time we have all been waiting for has arrived...Ra is officially mobile (and not in that crawling way, we're talking about feet-flat-on-the-floor walking). Technically, Ra took his first steps at his birthday party (but mommy missed it, so it didn't count). His next steps happened at my friend Jennifer (and Josh's) house during a play date. They have a carpeted livingroom, so it made it more appealing to walk (and fall) on. Apparently, our hardwood floor is not that appealing...I don't blame him. Ra took a few steps across their livingroom floor and decided that was enough for the day (and would not demonstrate his skills for his own mother when she was trying to document the moment on film). Lil' Mess!!! Later on that week, he would stand, take a few steps and then sit down before he hurt himself on our unforgiving floor. But as the days passed, he continued to get more and more daring and would increase the amount of steps he would take before he would resign to crawling again. This past week RaKhem has decided to explore the wonders of walking around our livingroom unassisted by parents or furniture. Now, he still has a little way to go before he is completely comfortable being on his feet, but he is officially walking!

So now, our little baby is officially gone. He is now a little boy! He has (what he would consider) "real" conversations with people, he fusses when he is frustrated, he has become a little discriminate about the foods he eats (not too much though because mommy refuses to prepare multiple meals for the lil' munchkin)...he has just grown so much since this time last year! He is a bit more particular about who he goes to, but give him a few minutes to process the situation and he will be all right.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that Hasan and I had our first night out alone since Ra has been born (compliments of Auntie Imani). She came out a few weeks ago to celebrate RaKhem's birthday with us. She insisted that we go out and enjoy ourselves for a few hours while she stayed and spent some time with her nephew. At first, we were going to turn the offer down because we did not want the experience to discourage her from having any children of her own (just kidding). I guess I was just experiencing "Mommy Anxiety" because I didn't know if I had covered everything that Imani needed to know and I didn't want Ra to seriously act like a nut while we were gone. When I finally did get out of the house, we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2. I let Imani know that if she had any questions she could text message us on our phones. Best believe I had my phone in my hand the whole movie just so i wouldn't miss it vibrating. I was a bit distracted the whole time we were away, but I knew that Ra was in very capable hands. I JUST NEEDED TO CHILL!!! Overall, I really enjoyed the movie and the chance to spend time with Hasan without the little one in the middle of everything. So Imani...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THINKING ABOUT US!!! We love you! Well, until next time...

Peace & Luv,
des, hasan & ra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home