Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Update...da da dada!

Hello All,
I thought that I would drop in real quick to give you an update on Lil (NOT) Mr. Johnson. I know in the last post I tried to estimate his weight and height, but now we have the official report=). I took him to his Well-Baby appointment today and found out that RaKhem officially weighs 35.2lbs (96th percentile) and he is 38 inches tall (99th percentile). He eats more than I do on any given day. I asked the doctor if this was normal and he said that RaKhem might be going through another growth spurt. He also told us that Ra should be as tall as Hasan (if not taller). I, for one, am definitely glad that Ra inherited the "tall gene" from Hasan because God knows that he would have had some issues if he grew to be my height (all 5'5" of me).

It's funny because Hasan and I have been talking about the prospect of having another baby in the not-so-far future, but I look at Ra and wonder if either of us have the energy to keep up. On weekends, Ra is up at the crack of dawn demanding food before I can even wake up all the way and he is running, bouncing, climbing, talking, singing, etc. until it is time for a nap. Then it starts up all over again. Can I get a breath??? And to go through this routine with two children, I would have to be in a constant meditative/sedated state. Despite all of this, I think we are still considering it...after some re-organizing and re-prioritizing, of course!

Last week, a woman from work (who just had her baby approx. 3 months ago) brought her son in to visit with some of the staff and I got a chance to hold him. Awwwwwwww!!! It was like old times with Ra, when he was small enough to fit in the crook of my arm. Now I am lucky if Ra can fit on the arch of my hip. To be honest, I think that I may be in some sort of amnesiatic (is that even a word) state because all of the bed rest, blood transfusions, doctor's appointments, etc. have all been pushed out of my memory. I think that is the only reason why our species has lasted so long. Because if every woman remembered every detail about the pregnancy and birth of their child, they probably would have gotten their tubes tied after the first one...just kidding!!!

Well, enough about us. RaKhem can now count to 15 by himself, knows most of his body parts, and can identify colors and shapes. We are starting on his ABC's but that is going to take us awhile, but he is already trying. He has increased his musical repertoire to include: Row, Row, Row Your Boat and 3 0r 4 songs from Jack's Big Music Show and Play With Me Sesame (a couple of his favorite shows). We are still working in the potty training thing. It's coming along a bit slow, but we are taking it one day at a time. I think that he is close, but what do I know?! Until next time...

Peace&Luv,
des, ha & ra

1 Comments:

Blogger Kisha said...

OMG he's getting so big. I can't believe how he's changed. Is that grandma on the bike with him? he looks like a little man in the suit. your doing a great job.

9/26/2007 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home