Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trick-or-Treat=)

Hello Fam & Friends,
We hope everyone enjoyed Halloween this year. I can officially say that I am exhausted and relieved that it is over. Although RaKhem was the cutest pirate ever (aka Black jack Sparrow), I am sure glad it is November 1st. At first, Ra celebrated Halloween last week at his daycare. All of the kids got dressed up and played games and things all day. Then yesterday, Hasan and I took RaKhem to downtown Claremont to hang out with the other kids. We went to few houses and then that was all she wrote for Little Mr. Johnson. He fell asleep in the car on the way back home. To this day, he doesn't even know why he got dressed up in the first place, but he sure did enjoy himself. He sat patiently while I put every article of clothing on him (including long johns and other undergarments to keep him warm while we were out). He even cooperated while I put his beard on him. Don't laugh at the long johns because I felt it would be better than covering up his cute costume with a parka. Can you tell me what pirates wore bubble jackets in their day? No, I didn't think so!!! We walked around and let Ra socialize with kids his age and then we went to a sweet shop and shared a rice crispy treat (that was the closest thing he came to candy all night) we stopped at a few houses and then loaded him in the car to go back home. Before we even got down the street, I looked in the back seat and his little head was hanging to the side and his bandana had slipped over his eyes...he was knocked out! So much so, that when we finally got home I took off his costume, changed him into his goodnight training pants, and put his pajamas on and he still didn't wake up. Yes, I have skills at stealth clothing removal;). The only thing I didn't risk doing was removing his little beard. I thought that he would be okay until the morning. He was just fine.
Despite my exhaustion, it was so neat to see him walk, like a little man, up and down the street and engage with other kids with no assistance or prodding from us. He is becoming more and more self-sufficient and it is amazing to witness. He has definitely grown leaps and bounds from last year and we are just anxious to see what the years ahead will bring. Until next time...

peace&luv,
des, hasan & ra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home