Tuesday, September 02, 2008

All patched up...

Well, I want to give everyone an update. There was no need for surgery. Yay!!! We went to the Orthopedic Clinic today to get the prognosis. RaKhem did, in fact, fracture his elbow but no bones were displaced. So the doctor removed the splint and replaced it with a shiny new cast. The crappy thing about today (besides worrying to death about whether Ra would have to undergo surgery) was that he was unable to eat anything after 8am, just in case he had to have surgery. He asked me about a thousand times if he could have some water, or a sandwich, or some chicken nuggets...I felt so bad. So, I fasted along with him, so it wouldn't be too hard on him, but I felt like I was starving him (God knows this child has not skipped a meal). We are to return in about 3.5 weeks to follow-up and see of he is healing properly. So all is well, RaKhem actually thinks it's kinda cool. We are cringing because he has turned into quite the weapon. So, don't be surprised if you see future blogs of the injuries we have sustained from his lovely new cast:) Until next time...

peace&luv,
Des, Hasan and Ra

1 Comments:

Blogger Kisha said...

Thank goodness there was no surgery. Big hugs from me.

9/03/2008 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home